May 2, 2012

XAVIER XMAN LUCAS

Sometimes you run across a story that must be told, I have one of those stories, its about an incredible athlete not to many people have heard about. yet!!! His name is Xavier Xman Lucas, a boxer turned mma fighter from South Africa, having been to South Africa twice once to open a gym and once to do a show with the legendary Ken Shamrock, I had been hearing about Xman from Grady Stewart the promoter of K-OZ in Perth Australia, Grady was with myself and Ken the first time we went to SA, so I knew full well the poverty and the many road blocks people have in SA just to attend school, so Xman being a world class boxer and a accomplished mma fighter I thought to myself that he must be a very talented and strong human being to over come such obstacles, I met Xman when we did the first K-OZ show and liked him right away, I could tell he was a gifted and humble warrior, When Grady said we could sign him to be with DogBoxer and fight for the DogBoxer team I was very happy to have him, fast forward 3 months to K-OZ Bragging Rights 2--Xman the headline in Perth Australia, Grady calls me in my comfortable bed in Las Vegas at 4 30 in the morning, Xmans opponent dropped out, nobody in Oz will fight him, nobody on the Australian side of the world will fight him with only 2 weeks notice, Grady said find somebody fast, X wants to fight the toughest we can find period, problem is I have to corner him, I wasnt thrilled with fighting agaisnt Xman or fighting DogBoxer fighter vs DogBoxer fighter, but Grady has a show to put put on, Xman needs a fight and so there you have it, David  Hulett is more than competant fighter to test Xman, very tricky and experienced mma fighter, I learned a long time ago from Ken Shamrock, who had more passion going into a fight than anybody I have ever known and like myself grew up hard on the street that mma is a competition, after the fight opponents are great assests, if you win you train with your adversary and make him better, if you lose you train with your adversary to make you better, so I thought if nothing else Xman and David would make great training partners and team mates after the fight as the Lions Den has been doing for years, David won the fight and Xmans passion was evident, as it should be, the impression Xman had on me was very strong as in how did he get so good, pretty much self trained in mma, hardly no pro level bodies to work with, Xman has qualities very few people have in an athlete and a fighter, he also has character and tons of it, he is truely a humble warrior, having a milatary back ground from his native land to his strict upbringing as a child, X told me he had Christian parents that forced him to go to church, Im thinking his Father was a very wise man and knew full well the strength and character it was going to take for Xman to rise above his circumstances, I think these things are what will help Xman be a world champion someday, I have yet to even know the full story of Xavier Xman Lucas, I am happy for the time being he is representing DogBoxer, he is the very definition of what I call a DogBoxer, but it goes even deeper, he has a destiny much bigger than himself, he was born poor in his kingdom, he is a world champion waiting to happen, he has 2 countires supporting him as in his native land South Africa and his adopted home in Australia, his story needs to be told, it needs to be shared, he belongs in the UFC, he will win the WW Title if ever giving the chance, this I have no doubt, there is more to this story that I am not even capable of telling, this story is a small beginging Xman needs the world to get behind him, to tell his story, his people need him, the world needs to witness his journey, to me this is what the fight game is all about, Xman,s story is a Rocky story thats truth, not played by juiced up actors and ego driving nimrods, its real, its inspiring and exciting,  these days the world needs men like Xman, I will never forget the look on the youngsters in South Africa, literally starving at times, greeting us with a smile on their face, excited to meet Ken Shamrock, we both wondered how many champions were living in mud houses, how a little bit of hope could mean so much to these young South Africans, kids in America feel tortured if their internet does not work, most of these kids never seen internet, they knew Ken by watching wrestling on the TV at the youth center, there is a whole generation that can profit from Xman,s journey, not just in South Africa but America, Australia, Europe, everywhere, this is what our mma platform is for, this is what our haters dont understand, this is what drives many fighters, the hope of rising above our circumstances, being a somebody, the main saying I use to inspire fighters from DogBoxer is dogs are born game, if they not game there is not one thing we can do about it, they either have heart or they dont, but humans are body, mind and spirit, we have choices, we are not drivin by our insticnts, we can be born a coward and die a hero if we choose to, we can be born poor in our kingdom and leave this earth a champion, Xman made that choice, Xman is the best example I know of , Xman is what mma is all about, I cant wait to see what happens next!!!! M7M

No comments:

Post a Comment